Have a new Blog

We are traveling in Mexico again this winter of 2012
Our new blog is The Golden Years

Translate This Page

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mangos, Photos and Movies

Thursday a.m.

When we got back to the RV Park from El Quelite we noticed one of the trees we had seen in the orchards growing right next to our site. Bill asked the groundskeeper what it was. It is a mango and the groundskeeper is very happy that there are several planted throughout the campground. He says the owner of the campground doesn’t like mangos so all the workers are free to pick and eat them. He says they eat the mango and then pour tequila into the skin and drink it. It is very good he says.
Little Mango Tree

The Driver got up yesterday morning all rearing to go. He hauled out the vacuum (I don’t know where he keeps it – didn’t ask!) and cleaned the floors in Jennie then went out and cleaned all the sand and dirt out of Willie. Both look so pretty now.
Then he came in and laid down – end of activity for the day. This Thing is hard to get over – I’m still coughing and sniffing. He kind of half-heartedly asked me if I wanted to go anywhere – but he asked from the prone position – so didn’t think he really meant it.
I am working on a slide show of the pictures from Huatabampito – gad I took a lot of them. It’s a new program I’m using so I hope I’m not adding too many pictures for the disk – so far I haven’t been able to find a place that says how many kb? – mgb? I’ve put together. I’ll find out when I try to burn it to the disk I guess.
The Tioga and George blog  mentioned a photo stitching program today, think I’ll download the demo and see how it works – looks fun. George stitched 19 photos together to make one nice one. In the demo they did 57……It's called AutoStitch here is the link
WOW I downloaded it and tried it out. Took 13 photos of back part of campground. This is how they turned out

That's us way over there
A couple more RVs pulled out of the campground in the last couple of days, so instead of getting fuller it is getting emptier.
Watched The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock last night. It is a nice movie.
Got cold last night – only 53 out this a.m. when we got up. BRRRRR.
Here are some photos I stitched with that program - don't know how they'll show up here as they are pretty wide.The first three are of the Plaza Machado where we went to eat lunch. If you double click on them they get bigger.

These are from the Soriana grocery store.


This is really fun - but I have to learn to get my pictures lined up - expecially when they are three or four photos high as well as wide.

No comments: